Our Top Rated Tools & Utilities to help with Computer Maintenance and Malicious Software Removal
Disk Cleanup Tool
The Disk Cleanup tool helps you free up space on your hard disk by searching your disk for files that you can safely delete. You can choose to delete some or all of the files. Use Disk Cleanup to perform any of the following tasks to free up space on your hard disk:
- Remove temporary Internet files.
- Remove downloaded program files. For example, ActiveX controls and Java applets that are downloaded from the Internet.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
- Remove Windows temporary files.
- Remove optional Windows components that you are not using.
- Remove installed programs that you no longer use.
You can start Disk Cleanup, by doing any of the following:
- Click Start, and then click Run. In the Open box, type cleanmgr, and then click OK.
- Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Disk Cleanup.
Disk Defragmenter is based on the full retail version of Executive Software Diskeeper. The version that is included with Windows XP and later provides limited functionality in maintaining disk performance by defragmenting volumes that use the FAT, FAT32, or NTFS file system. Defragmenting a disk minimizes head travel, which reduces the time it takes to read files from and write files to the disk.
To start Disk Defragmenter, use the Properties of Your Local Disk:
- Open My Computer.
- Right-click the local disk volume that you want to
defragment, and then click Properties.
- On the Tools tab, click Defragment
- Click Defragment.
Below we have provided a list of helpful tools that will assist you with additional information and resources related to help you make the best decision possible for maintaining your computer.
Some of the links in this section will take you to Web sites not owned or operated by Protech. If you would like to report an issue with one of these links or the information displayed please contact us and we will investigate the issue.
Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware programs
We would also recommend Microsoft Windows Defender
Hard Drive Utillities
can usually recover data from failed Hard Disks etc...Click here for more information
The Windows Registry can be considered as a database of all the settings for the Operating System and all programs etc that are installed on your machine. Over time the Registry can become cluttered as not all programs properly remove registry settings once un-installed, this can result in an un-stable PC and can affect your machines performance. Editing the registry should never be attempted unless you are certain that you know what you are changing. Registry Mechanic will automatically detect and repair all errors...Download it by clicking below. We would also highly recommend Eusing Free Registry Cleaner
Need to know what your Internet IP address is? Click here